Freight Cap Zones
Additional Freight Services
- Lift gate for business without delivery dock: +$65
- Lift gate for residential curbside: +$95
- Threshold delivery (to first dry area inside home, no unpacking): +$135
- White Glove delivery (inside main floor, packaging removal): +300
- White Glove assembly (inside main floor, packaging removal): +$450
Certain additional freight services will be invoiced after delivery when they are added to the freight bill by the carrier, such as:
- Limited access areas: for example, streets that require specialized/smaller vehicles, construction sites, churches, schools, etc.
- High-cost surcharge areas: includes, but not limited to, New York metro and adjacent areas like the Hamptons, Los Angeles metro, Chicago Loop Area, Washington, DC metro, etc.
- Islands: for example, Martha's Vineyard, MA; Sanibel, FL; Johns Island, SC; San Juan Island, WA; etc.
Customers are responsible for all shipping charges if they are unable to receive shipment when the carrier is ready to deliver. This includes but is not limited to, storage and re-delivery fees. Additional freight services including but not limited to Islands, limited access delivery and construction site delivery will be invoiced after delivery in the event they are added to the freight bill by the carrier.
Please immediately inspect your furniture and share any concerns you may have with your delivery team. You have the right to refuse delivery if the item arrives damaged or if you fear the item might be damaged based on the packaging conditions. You must make any claims for damage, shortage or errors within 96 hours of delivery. If no claim is made within this 96-hour period, furniture will be considered fully accepted. Design Holdings reserves the right to inspect, repair or replace any merchandise at its discretion. Design Holdings is unable to offer expedited production or shipping options on replacement orders.
On any LTL shipment, failure to note any damages on the Delivery Receipt before the trucker leaves will result in the denial of a claim. Exceptions will not be made for drop-shipments.
To ensure that any instance of shipping damage is addressed, please adhere to the following guidelines:
• At the time of delivery, all boxes should be inspected for suspected damage. If a box shows any damage, the box should be opened for further inspection before the trucker leaves the premises. Damages to any items or boxes delivered MUST be noted on the delivery receipt or bill of lading when you sign to accept the order. Failure to do so often results in refusal of a claim.
• If severe damage to the product is visible upon delivery, please reject the item from the carrier. This will expedite the claim process.
• Photos of the damaged pallet, damaged box(es), and damaged product should be
taken to fully document the claim. The more information provided, the more likely your claim will be accepted.
• Please retain all packaging materials of damaged items for a minimum of 120 days; this is required, should the carrier elect to inspect or retrieve the merchandise.
• When concealed damage occurs, shippers normally pay about 10% of the products’ value & must receive photos and proof of damage within 3 business days of delivery to accept a claim.
***DO NOT SIGN FOR SHIPMENT UNTIL IT HAS BEEN THOROUGHLY INSPECTED FOR ANY DAMAGE. SHIPPER IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR SHIPMENTS THAT ARE NOT SIGNED FOR AS DAMAGED UPON ARRIVAL.***
Customer-Arranged Shipping: 5% Service Fee
You are welcome to arrange shipping with your own freight company. We charge a 5% handling cost on LTL shipments to cover the costs of pallets, packing materials, labor, and coordinating 3rd-party shipments. Any damage claims must be filed by you and you are solely responsible. At time of order, specify that you would like to arrange your own shipping. When your order is ready for pick up, we will email you with the pallet/carton count, weights and dimensions. Respond to this email with your BOL.
Designerie accepts returns initiated up to 30 days from order receipt as confirmed by shipment tracking. Please contact customer service for a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA).
- All items must be in the original packaging and in resalable condition.
- Shipping charges are non-refundable and customers are responsible for all return shipping costs.
- Items damaged in return transit due to improper packaging will not be refunded.
- A 20% restocking fee applies to all returns.
- Returns require prior authorization.